Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Graha Upayog - Appalam Vadam Vathal Varieties


This blog is about a genuine Brahmin couple who's selling Appalam, Vadam and Vatthal varieties. I found this couple’s stall during the 172nd Thyagaraja Aradhana when I was roaming and exploring the stalls after listening to various concerts of Musicians paying homage to the Saint Thyagaraja, one of the music trinity.

I’ve written an elaborate article on the 172nd Thyagaraja Aradhana, which describes my experience.

So while I was exploring the stalls; enjoying some food and savories, I found this stall put up at the outside of the Deekshithar’s house who is the archagar and descendant of Saint Thyagaraja. Sri Radhakrishna Sharma who hails from Thirunelveli, married to the Deekshithar’s sister, every year sets up their stall in front of their house.
Sri Radhakrishna Sharma and his wife in their stall

They had their simple yet delicious range of Appalams (Papads), Vadam and Vatthals. I was excited to try one and bought some Elantha Vadai Appalam (Papads of Jujube candy), which were soft and so thin. I bought some Rice Appalams and Ulundhu Appalams that day. And to be honest, I tried those the very next day and those Appalams were delicious with the home made food.
Graha Upayog's wide range of products

The tasty, crispy Appalams which became a perfect side dish for my Curd Rice made me write this blog. I thought this business needs shout out and all should try at least once. They were doing it not for the purpose of earning; as they are Vaidheegals and are divine, but they're doing this business genuinely expecting no big profits out of their heart.

Also on the Third day of this year's Aradhana, I got to know that, ‘In that Deekshithar’s house they serve Sathvik food for Brahmins’. As every year they serve Sathvik food for 100s of Brahmins during the aradhanai.
Beautiful River Cauvery in the Moonlight

For those who need Graha Upayog’s tasty Appalams, Vadam and Vatthals, you people can feel free to contact
Sri Radhakrishna Sharma – 9994137842, 8248227658
As they do send their products through couriers.

Advance wishes for your Tasty, crispy Appalam experience
Yours East Gaterr

3 comments:

  1. à®®்.à®®ிக நன்à®±ு.அப்படியே என்னை பற்à®±ியுà®®் எழுதியிà®°ுகாலமே ragu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aduthadutha post la potralam uncle !!!!

    ReplyDelete