Monday, July 16, 2018

Anugraha Anjaneyar Temple, Thanjavur

Anugraha Anjaneyar Temple


Utsava Moorthy, Anugraha Anjaneyar, Thanjavur

Thanjavur is extremely blessed with ample amount of temple with historical and spiritual significance. Some temples are built in recent times and got more spiritual importance. 

In these type of temple, Anugraha Anjaneyar temple is one among them. There is not much historical importance for this temple, but Hanuman is powerful wherever he is. This temple is a perfect example of the tamizh proverb "Kadugu sriuthalum Kaaram Kuraiyadhu", which means
  • Literal: Thee mustard might be small, but that doesn't remove its spicyness.
  • Meaning: Don't measure the worth of a person by their size/shape.*

Location



This temple is located within one kilometer radius from Old Bus Stand, Thanjavur. This temple is located in the middle of the vast market area of East Gate(Keezhavasal).

Anugraha Anjaneyar on Hanuman Jayanthi 2014

Background of the Temple

This temple's history takes us to some 100 years back. There used to be one monkey which used to roam in this market and eat food which was given by those shopkeepers. One day when that monkey approached one tea shop in that locality, the shopkeeper threw extreme hot water at that monkey. That monkey jumped and ran here and there due to that hot water, finally died where the temple is built now. Venkatanarayanan Nayudu, owner of a shop, which is opposite to the temple now, saw this and did a noble job and built a temple there. Then the tea shopkeeper, who threw hot water, later died in a fire accident. There is no evidence to support this information.
This temple was looked after by Venkatanarayanan's younger brother's son, Late.Ramanujan Nayudu, who attained lotus feet of Lord Ranganatha last saturday(7-7-18). Still the temple is under control of Late. Ramanujan Nayudu's family.

Utsava Moorthy Getting ready for veedhi ula

Seva and Special Abhishekams

Special abhishekam to Lord Hanuman on every saturday, Moola Nakshathram and Amavasyas' morning from 6:30 AM followed by Arathi at 7:45 AM. 
Devotees of Lord Hanuman, lights ghee and oil lamps, vada malas, ties betel leaves malas and tulsi malas.
During Hanuman Jayanthi, more than 1000s of people visit the temple and 2 special abhishekams are done for Lord Hanuman.

Personal Experience

This temple is very close to my heart as my spiritual journey began from this temple on 1st January,2014 on Hanuman Jayanthi. Since 2014, I Am an ardent devotee of Anugraha Anjaneyar. I regularly visit this temple and enjoying doing service here. I don't miss an opportunity to serve at this temple for Hanuman Jayanthi even if I was in Delhi. After serving here, many other Archagars of different temples got in touch with me for serving in their temples too. I did service for a Shivan Temple's Kumbabhishekam at Valangaiman near Kumbakonam. 

Many wishes of my family and mine are fulfilled after praying to Anugraha Anjaneyar. This temple has shown me a unique path and helped me to develop myself a lot.This temple introduced me to the world of vaidheegam and helps me to earn a lot of positive karma(Punya). 
I hereby attached contact number of temple's archagar G. Vinod - 9865763598



I assure my readers that their wishes too will get fulfilled after you surrender yourself to my Anugraha Anjaneyar. 
I'll be back with more such positive posts. Until then stay tuned for posts from 
Yours East Gaterr.

*Credits to the meaning of proverb: wikipedia.com

1 comment: