Thursday, August 30, 2018

Aathreya - A Young Friend

Last Month I had been to Tirupati for Vishnu Sahasranama Akhanda Parayanam on August 1st and 2nd, But went there on 31st itself as I had to go for the dharshan of various temples. 

One good thing happened while this journey to Tirupati from Thanjavur on 30th July night is that I got a young friend named Aathreya, who is studying 4th standard at Maharishi Vidya Mandir School at Thanjavur. 

It's is a simple yet worthy event to share with you all. Though it's so late to post about him now, But I request everyone those who read this post to wish him a "Belated Birthday Wishes". His Birthday was on 5th August.
Aathreya Sharma

His full name is Aathreya Sharma. He was heading towards Vellore to his grandparent's house with his mom and younger brother Kaushik Sharma. My interaction with this young friend of mine was one such memorable and interesting incident which made my travel towards Tirupati in an old TNSTC bus. 

All that began when I offered him my window seat as he was sitting separately from his mother and younger brother and I was just sitting behind their seat. I just casually began the conversation by asking his whereabouts and as he is a kid he enjoyed his travel by looking out the scenes through the windows and didn't felt sleepy.

Aathreya was so energetic that day that he kept on asking me some GK questions and various puzzles from his school syllabus. As all the young talents have high grasping power, he too was strong in grasping information and remembered most of the GK questions like "books and authors, currencies and capitals, etc.” Also he had a great interest in cricket and remembered many international players’ names from which questions also asked.

Aathreya is also cute and he was rubbing his hands on my cheeks to feel the growing beard while speaking and asking questions. I loved him throughout the journey. He slept on my lap when he felt sleepy after a long interesting question and answers round as well as 2 hour lengthy interaction.

He was heading to his grandparents’ house and after that he went to Chennai where his dad is and celebrated his birthday eve.

Why I am writing this?
Since many of you who all are reading this might think this is a simple incident, why I am taking up this to the blog?

Yes it's simple but I'm writing this with another message to say some of the parents who just give their phone to their own wards and ruining their future. To those who give the phone to their wards, you're not only ruining their future but also their ability to work or think beyond their box. You might say that your children are adamant and not listening to anything without handing your phone over to them, let them cry for a while, yell, roll on the floor and let them do whatever they want to do, but don't give your phone to them. Let them get to know that things won't come to you on ease, show them that they got to work for something to earn and to enjoy.

Make them indulge in any kind of sports to keep them active and strong. Tell them your own stories that how you got to learn things and life lessons and how hard your life was. For today's people out there, they've got no time to spend time with their children and this results in the misbehavior of the children in some cases. They do what they learn in their young age. If they are not guided properly then there is no use of worrying later about their deeds. 

Bring your wards out of the dumb box mobiles and teach those values and ethics, that’s how we should secure the future for them. Tell them to not to waste food, water, energy and tell them to how to protect them all. Spend ample amount of time to know what all things they’re into. That's how 90's kids were grown up. In my opinion we are the safest generations who values all things from food, water to friends and families.

Since the second part of this post is all about an advice don’t get bored and stop reading, I want to make sure that 'I wrote all these with my experience as far, There might be some mistakes Please spare me for that and there are some exceptions too.' Specifically for this I welcome all your suggestions and views about this post.

Yours East Gaterr


10 comments: